Friday, February 25, 2005

Pasta nite

Well, I’m saving up for my next dive holiday – which means I’ve retrieved my Pasta cook-book from Dinu and attempting to make fabulous restaurant style pastas at home.
Here’s a great recipe GJ and I tried out tuesday night – of course, since we ate our own cooking, we are not entirely unbiased judges. This is if you like chicken liver – which I do.

Spaghetti with Chicken Liver & Tomatoes
(Serves 3 small appetites)

4 tbsp olive oil
2 onions chopped – approx ½ cup
6 chicken livers chopped – (I used 200gms ready-packed liver from Godrej – its pre-cleaned)
3 tomatoes chopped
1 tsp basil powder (Use more if fresh, I don’t get fresh basil easily in Bombay)
Spaghetti - boiled al-dente (roughly 10-12 mins, depending on the brand)
Grated parmesan

1. Heat olive oil in saucepan
2. Add the onions and suate till they are golden (I crisp mine up for that crunch)
3. Add the chiken livers and sauté till they turn light brown
4. Add the tomatoes and basil and reduce the flame – this lets the liver and tomatoe juice ooze, for about 7 minutes
5. Add the sauce to al-dente pasta, sprinkle pepper and cheese and enjoy.

I didn’t add any stock or wine to this, but I did bung in some chilli-garlic sauce for a little spice.

0 He said She said:

Post a Comment

<< Home