Thursday, December 08, 2005

I realise that I just dont think enough these days - it's like a gradual dumbing down of me... Met a potential girl date (she's married tho, so will have to pursue little strongly but subtly) who has just joined the Ogaan group of publications in the contributing writer or something department and i was all like ooooh, publish me and she was all like oooooh, what do you write and i was like erk, just like about you know alcohol-fuelled partying and she was like erm, we don't publish that.

I mean it's not just about not exercing my little-wittle bit of creative potential that i may have - its shameful i know given that peeps i know can like paint and carry very many tunes and do sudoku & mid-day cross-words, but well, writing a bit is my one and only talent. (that and the ability to look very in the moment while letting my mind take a holiday - but thats not really a talent, more like a survival skill because i swear to you, if you really had to listen to every idiot merchandiser on this planet, you would be PMS-symptoming like all the time, and you would not even have to be a girl)

I am even taking short-cuts with my reading - i just got this new book "Life & Times of Michael K" by J. Coetzee, one of my favourite writers but do i read it - no, because Coetzee's book are complex, they bring up many moral and ethical issues, they kind of smack you in the face about how really nobody is truely secular and non-bigotted. Instead, I choose to devote all my spare reading time to a pirated version of 'Shantaram' by Gregory David Roberts. Shall review it later - but lets just say, it's not a mental challenge; a very engrossing and quick read inspite of the really 5th grade language.

anyway, plan to start another blog devoted to serious writing!!!

1 He said She said:

At 5:10 AM, Blogger rushes said...

Michael K was possibly the one Coetzee book that didn't do it for me at all! Thankfully i read it after Disgrace and Youth and Boyhood so i guess i took it well. But not to be reading baba! Definite no no!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home