Wednesday, April 19, 2006

We go there for the ambience!!

Begin mini-rant: Why would anyone want to go to JW Marriot??? Why? Why?

First of all the traffic to get there is fuck insane.
Then they make you open your boot - which is fine if like the 98%of the people who hang out at JW, (and i also hate it when people say that - what is JW??? It sounds like a villain out of a 70s Amitabh movie that everyone claims to have loved but I have obviously never seen) you are being chauferred in a car which has the auto-open boot button conveniently located near your driving seat. But you see, my car does not have the facility (bloody cheepo hyundai - they also sold me defective tyre tubes) so I have to get out of the car, unlock the boot, so the security service can sniff around the 3-4 bags of new shoes that i never carry upto the house in case the husband starts a mini-rant of his own of how there is no space for more shoes, and then I also have to open the bonnet so they can ensure no shoes are smuggled in there.
Then I have to zoom up their very high altitude drive-way.
Then I have to give my car for valet while they point out every single time that naughty boy has a scratch on the door, which yes I know and I am soo lazy I would never get around to suing them even if they put the scratch in so why do they bother????
Then we had to wait for half hour for a table at the coffee-shop for the provence food festival buffet, in which time we ask for a drink 3 times - a basic vodka-tonic drink, not like a bloody sangria where they may have to cut up fruit (yeck!!)
Then when we are shown to a table, they do not add an extra chair for the seventh guest till the friend of husband throws mini-tantrum.
Then, then - at the cheese platter table they do not replenish the crackers and they do not add any soft cheeses - do they really expect me to come for a french food festival and not get any nice chevre? or camembert??? Whats french about edam??? Or cheddar???
Then when I ask for a replnishment of little beef patties, they get all huffy and say it will take 45min more. Shouldnt it be ready, since it is a buffet?
Then at the dessert counter, they have no more blue-berry cheesecake? Hello - how do i get my daily quota of fruit in(yeck again!!)?
Finally it takes them 25minutes to get the car from the parking, stink it up with BO from hell, and wait around for the tip!!!
I really do not understand the popularity of this hotel - location? location? location?
end of rant.

0 He said She said:

Post a Comment

<< Home