Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Zero cat sense!!

Poor husband dearest was been up all last night working, while I stayed up a bit to give him company by watching recycled American cancelled sit-coms on cable.

The bacchas wanted to explore the landing and passage at mid-night and I figured what the heck, I can handle two at a time so why not all three (please remind me never to have triplets – I so cannot manage three of them)

The first five minutes of the passage exploration was pretty smooth – Lola jumped up on all the ledges and lucky for us, the birds sleep at night and not around to excite her, then she slinked around the grill door and wooden door of both our neighbours, and did her I’m cute and curious miaows loudly…don’t ask me why… who knows what’s going on in their minds…

Tigger just followed Lola around madly, sniffing the extremely suspicious looking lift shaft grill door every few seconds like she was doing something important. Again lucky for me the grill is too narrow for them to go through or else it would be bye cats!!!

Looked like the entertainment they are hungering for outside in the big bad world of Ashiana tenth floor was rescheduled for some other night. When suddenly Pepe, my previously goodest baby dashed up the stairs to the massive terrace which is locked and has a grill door!!! Unfortunately, this grill door has gaps enough for a cat to pass through – which Pepe did before I could get to him…and then the idiot did not know how to get out again through the grill and back to mommy… the idiot.

So, there I was in my jammies and denim jacket on the stairs calling out Pepe, while he was running around all confused and miaowing in panic, since he totally expected me to follow him and I could not because the managing committee keeps the terrace locked up at night (I have my theories on why, but cannot publish since this is a family-friendly blog).

So, then I had to call our to husband dearest, who of course thought it was incredibly stupid of wife to take them all out at the same time anyway but multi-tasker that he is – managed to get Lols and Tig back home, grab his house keys and come up for me…and my poor pepe, still stuck all alone on the vast, unfriendly terrace with no clue as to how to come back. (The idiot has previously fallen off the third-floor windowsill of our previous flat and obviously not learnt anything about not wandering beyond mommy’s vision.)

Finally, had to come down, grab some cat-food in a bowl and shake it around – which is what finally worked (husband’s suggestion, he’s smart that boy!!).
So, Pepe came running out for the food, saw the gap and mommy through the gap and figured out the way home and dashed all the way down the two flights of stairs and sat all innocent-like at the apartment door.
The adventure slowed him down only for five minutes where he sat on his favorite mat and contemplated the big bad world…then a small bug came in and he forgot all about the deep thoughts.

No cat sense in any of them – I really think they leave their brains on the street once they find a nice warm home and people who they can train to dance attendance on them like 24/7. In my next life, I want to be a pet in the Koppikar or Chinmulgund house-hold…to me that’s nirvana.

1 He said She said:

At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nish-pish...

Margarita's and miaow's should definately be more margaritas and less miaows! I can't show this to our grandkids!!!!

muuuuuaaaaaah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home