Thursday, September 28, 2006

Day 1: Paris-Marseille- Aix-en-Provence

It was quite a trip – I hate hate hate not being able to fly biznez class. Is no fair how me and Speedy have to slum it. I had to keep apologizing to him!!! Though I think he should have apologized to me – after all, he should have ensured my flashing of him got us an immediate upgrade!!! (Speedy25 is my new LV bag, for those who don’t know about my important birday gifty from husband; which was very sweet of him given how he totaly disaproves of my brand snobbery)

Then at Paris air-port we had to transfer to our flight to Marseilles, and that was delayed and the plane was really dinky. But for amusement, I counted the number of colours in the co-passenger's dread-locked hair!!!!

From Marseilles, we took a taxi to Aix-en-Provence and got ripped off desi-style. Bloody frenchies are all cheater-cocks – they don’t even start their meter at zero – decided to be much nicer to our bihari taxiwallas from now… Atleast they understand you…. And not go EH????

Then we finally reached Aix!!! It took husband all of four days to learn to say EX instead of AXE!!! By which time we had to leave…

Aix is pretty pretty… all old peach coloured mansions. And fountains – apparently it was called the city of a 1000 fountains but they only really have 40 or something. Given that it’s such small town the fountains did seem like a million though, at every corner and every hundred on the main streets.

Our room was not ready when we got to the Pierre et Vacances residence. We were all WTF and the receptionist was all Eh, gallic shrug. So, we set off towards the rotunda to have a very very late dejeuner. And seated ourselves in a very nice café on the main stret to indulge in people watching. They had super looking mussels with ROQ cheese dressing – which I can not have… sob. So I settled for well-done duck, a giant salad, and pommes – frites. The husband had freshly made pasta with Bolognese sauce, which rocked and I happily finished off both meals while the husband gaped. YAY, my appetite is back… after 2 weeks of feeling very poorly.

Then we strolled or rather waddled down the Cours Mirabeau, the most beautiful main street in all of Europe supposedly. Guess the first store to enter – bloody FOOT LOCKER where husband decided to start trying on sneakers…. I had this feeling of impending doom that this was what the rest of my holiday would be like – and it did… trailed husband into every sport-store in Paris, Madrid and Marseilles!!!!

Went to Monoprix, got dinner fizxings and got back to our apartment, which had the cutest little one wall kitchenette...with lots of plans for the next day

2 He said She said:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger lulu said...

hi nish
welcome back! really looking forward to reading about your trip especially since i haven't visited this part of france.
love
lulu

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger rushes said...

Wb babe....so good to visit and find something new to read! Also gimme details of when you plan to land up woman! Muuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaahh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home