Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bigot-Spigot

I tho dont understand this uproar over Mel Gibson's so-called anti-Semitic statements. Ok, guy was drunk and said racist slurs when he got pulled over - Dont we all??? I know that i say stupid madoo asshole when the idiot in front of me, wont let me go to my free left turn, or I'll say idiot punjabi when some mega-Honda accord will cut me off!!! Thats life in the fast lane, ROAD Rage - deal with it, people.

And i'm wondering what gives us the right really to pass judgements on what people do, when they are not doing the things that we are actually interested. Unless it's illegal or damaging to public health and safety - like when Steroidal Sallu ran over some street-dwellers. And when he gets arrested his first mother also tries to get milage by feigning a heart murmur!!! But that sshould not stop anyone from watch Krazy Khan's movies. The really bad action and production values will do that anyway.

So, let Mel be - this man has made the most awesome movies I have ever seen - Mad Max, Lethal weapon, Braveheart - he has stood firm for what he belives in by making the Passion in a language nobody speaks or understands - and yet it was a world-wide hit. I didnt understand most of it - but then the Da Vinci Code had yet to be released you see (thats where all my understanding of Cristianity comes from).

Though of course, it was fun to finally spot Patrick Swayze on TV defending him - dude, has anyone seen him since Ghost? He had totally disappeared and looks like for good reason.

2 He said She said:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger ganpatibapa said...

Start with the movie "Gentelman's Agreement" ... that will probably give you a good idea about anti-semitism.

Next when you say "madoo XXXhole" that madoo xxxhole did not have to go through the kind of racial prejudice Jews or african americans had to go through in the United States (no I'm not talking about the WW II, it's purely what they had to go through in America I'm referring to).
So there is a whole lot of difference in the way you are talking about madoo's and what mel gibson did.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger ganpatibapa said...

to expand on your example about madoo asshole, would you call somebody an achooth in India and not expect people to be offended by it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home