Monday, March 14, 2005

Wishful thinking

Had a super weekend with the once again attentive husband dearest (yeth, brownie points for getting me pretty new shoes on Sunday)

I’m fairly certain I have a lot to say but my mind is on vacation and the rest of me is wishing I could join it…It should not be on vacation because really all of me just was – though we did have a test for the dive certification and ergo, the holiday does not qualify as compleeeeeeete relaxation.

I indulged in my favourite vice on the weekend, which is the trial of every shoe in the store and then then acquaistion of one pair of shoes in the store – why do women like shoes so much? And I think most women do, but not to the point of obsession like the women I know – for example my mother actually can count the pairs she has on her fingers. But I digress, we are wondering or I am wondering why women like shoes so much – I speak for myself when I say that I like shoes because…in my self-esteemed opinion my feet can never ever get fat!! They are slim and fine boned and proprotinate (to what, you may well ask? But I dont have the answer to all the questions yet) And though the toes are wonky, overall appearance is very pleasing especially when you think about how some people really have ugly feet.

I also realize that I need to get serious about getting the body-fat into a respectable zone of 20-25…right now it’s hovering at 27, which is preeeety bad and the reason I’m splurging on shoes and not much else. I am also flirting with the idea of vegetarianism and here is the response I get from the stupendous and fabulous rashmee pai:

Nish says: off carbs this week
Nish says: but aleady thinking about them
Nish says: going to make me tofu stirfry and eat whole week
Nish says: also flirting with idea of vegetarianism except when taken to fancy restaurant for peking duck
rushes says: do't be silly
rushes says: its not worth it
rushes says: animals are too tasty
Nish says: but they so nice
Nish says: well, not chickens but its cruel
Nish says: they taste good, though
rushes says: ....with a nice butter pepper garlic sauce
Nish says: chup - u're supposed to be helping me - i have no support
rushes says: hey puoltry goooood
Nish says: i reaaly think u should be more supportive - think about how much more u can have
Nish says: it was bitching though that I thought I would eat veg on sunday and we landed up at paradise which is sali boti - take it or leave it
rushes says: hehehehahahahahaaa
Nish says: evil laugh???
rushes says: yea
rushes says: salli boti laugh
rushes says: i just want to eat a nice vada paav and maybe a misal
rushes says: really
rushes says: and throw in a double roti
Nish says: no, not misal but vada-pav would be good
Nish says: but then thats carbs
rushes says: and oh yea....that nice squid tikka at adarsh
rushes says: and the surmai fry
Nish says: i love the squid gassi with neer dosa there
rushes says: and maybe the patra nu macchi at jimmy boy
rushes says: and a nice butter toasted s/w on the rasta
rushes says: and paani puri at a road
rushes says: anhd oh yea......some orange icecream at apsara
Nish says: oh, i ordered bhel yesterday but felt guilty and passed on to husband hehahehahehah
rushes says: and maybe the raaan at sheetal bukhara
rushes says: yup
rushes says: thats all
rushes says: no more
rushes says: did crab last time

So, I have no support – not on the carb embargo, not on vegetarianism…. Is this trying to be thin and trying to be more humane and kind to animals only going to stay wishful thinking? I think most importantly will be to work on will-power – the rest will follow.

0 He said She said:

Post a Comment

<< Home