Friday, May 27, 2005

Blast from the Past

If you know me at all, you know that my spirit is much stronger than my flesh when it comes to doing stuff - well, put a little spirit in me and the flesh is all jumping around, but i meant something else - I want to be a social butterfly (there i said it) I want to meet lots of people and make lots of plans so i have very many exciting things to write about (or maybe not cos i may then be too busy having fun) but my actual motivation to go out and meet people is kind of frozen by my deep fear of running out of stuff to say after one hour... which is why I actually never make plans on Republic Day, Independence Day or Gandhi Jayanti...not so I can feel patriotic but because they are dry days so spirits not available to support the flesh.

However, there has been one friend who I have been trying on and off to co-ordinate with for the last three years to hang out with!!! Only problem was we lived in the very big metropolis of Bombay where the schism of South-suburbs and North-suburbs runs very deep. And I am just talking about the west-side here. He is on the right side of the central railway tracks. However, We do not even live on the same side of the W.E. Highway, so you can imagine just how how tough it is to co-ordinate one nite at the pub...It took three years, about seven phone calls and divulgence of deep dirty secret of cell-phone ownership on PS's side to finally be able to meet up!!

But, would my worries of running out of conversation hold true??? SUSPENSE - as husband says when i get excited when I cook up some fancy dish and he is all appreciative - 'not everybody is me, you know'... or I come up with a brilliant joke 'Not everyone is Rash, you know (to get the joke and actually add on to it)'

Imagine my greatest joy & happiness when PS said he wasn't really hungry and would like to catch up over a beer at the HAWAIIN SHACK (so sure hawaiin is spelt hawwain, or is it just hawain, but then it would sound chinese like bean sprouts in hawain sauce, but hawaiin also sounds suspect can someone please tell me what the correct spelling would be? I know i could run a spell check i DONT WANT TO - ok enough bracketing) HAWAIIIN plays rocking LOUD music where smiling and lip-reading = scintillating conversation.

So I wented to Hawaiin in nice sexy but covered FCUK tee-shirt with suggestive message but colour black for slimming and was a teensy-weensy bit disappointed when PS did not say oh, you have lost ooodles of weight when I made comment about him gaining little married weight (having met PS for first time after his wedding which I missed by one week since I could not wait to escape from Calcutta, promise of free alcohol at Tolly club one week later notwithstanding)... Oh, well. Next Topic

So, we ordered beer - which for those of you on a budget will be pleased to know is only 100rupeess for a large bottle of king-fisher. And they were playing really good music all rock and roll - 60s and 70s CCR, Dire Straights varieties which was good because I do know most of the music from those times. So, we had one more topic - Rock musiz and how it just aint what it used to be - then they played Nirvana (and by they, I mean dumb DJ who is sucky at playing Charades - I tried miming 'Eye of The Tiger' to him atleast thrice and he didnt get it - at all) and Oasis and basically it fuelled one whole hour of conversation... Oh, oh and then husband came by also, since PS being frend of his also, since they have running hooby in common plus we got fed by PS's parents in Calcutta and all.

Topic three of discussion was the high prices of groceires in Japan where Mrs. PS is currently doing advanced studies in the Japanese language to which my soultion was - just eat sushi!!! simplistic but not the correct answer apparently!!

Then music got loud and husband wanted to leave - and we asked for cheque but it was only half of the coupons which were non-refundable.. and it goes against the strict disciplinarian upbringing I have had, to waste money... So we has another beer,

and another beer

and another beer

and another - by which time the dj switched off the music and I had to force PS to chug all music before horny cops stormed in and threw us out and some political-feeling newspaper wrote article about me for wearing suggestive message t-shirt (apparently in good old days, girls from Shivaji Park did not wear FCUK tee-shirts)

and then I went home and passed out - damn, I did not use my Topic of conversation #34 (i rehearse before i leave, so i dont seem limited)

I did too have a blast tho, and I do hope we not have to wait for another three years and another spousal trip to far-off lands before PS and I can meet up, we have to still cover discussion items from #4-#35. hehehehhe

Rest of week has swung by, with me giving advice to near & dear ones on love, marriage and not mixing the two. And eating most excellend kababs and kalii dal from Kareems. (The reason I suspect for diesel 26" low-waister still not climbing above mid-thigh region)

And tonite is bar-nite!!! HAHA no need for list of conversation topics becos it will be errr... shall we have anther drink(to samar/ sarika) , alternating with muah muah you coloured your hair red (to bar-nite bimbettes)and play woh lamhe (to dj atleast 20 times)

have awesome weekend my adoring public!!! muuuuaaaaah.

4 He said She said:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger rushes said...

just out of curiosity...what IS topic #34? ...oo.oo..and also, to be having one drink for me (or as some dilliwalas would say...from my side)...i shall live bar night vicariously and be there with you in spirit..(scotch!)!!!!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Nish said...

baba, i have drink from left side, right side, and frontside... heheheh (i am sure some diliwala has said frontside) and do u really think i would remeber what #34 would be after 100rs beers?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger rushes said...

hehehe...i don't know about frontside...but they are sure having party in the backside! which reminds me...have we started our diets yet? swittie 20 days and i'm going to be in b'bay. C'on jaanushka...we hafta be skinny remember?

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger lulu said...

so you met PS after all these years!!! KK was in new york and i missed him - was really bummed. i miss those mondy days when we weren't watching that waistline!
have a few drinks at bar nite and say hi to all the regulars from moi ;-o

 

Post a Comment

<< Home