Monday, June 06, 2005

OYE BUBBLY!!

Fell sick on weekend - stupid virus which i though only affected NRI cousins and dim-wit brothers felled me - no movie, no dimsum, no partying... and and not sick enough for husband to get me cooling drink with bendy straw in multiple colours.

Anyway, saw Bunty aur Bubbly - and needing to be reviewing and sharing my non-expert and low common denominatorish views on this movie. (As my uncle said, my standards are really low) You can probably read about the story on msn or rediff, so let me get into my opinions (of course!!)
I liked I liked - I know loads of people didnt like and the buyer of expensive gifts for frend actually said I should see it because either way I would regert it - but I did not (small foot stamp here for emphasis)

(Ed Note: Views reflected below are of author only and not shared by blog; please dont sue me - can fake death for insurance only once)

I shall now procced to grade the movie on four angles
1. Acting - Abhishek, Abhishek, Abhishek!!! He is so yummy - I know everyone says he's over-rated and smug but I loved him as the loud jazzy chape suit guy in the first con for chit-funds, the small time wheeler-dealer in the Taj sale con, the piling on to Ash and doing those total chavanni steps in item number "Kajra re"
Rani - love her too. And I love that she totally didnt care that she doesnt have thse six-pack abs of Esha Deol and can still wear all those skimpy tops and do stupid Shiamak Davar steps and still be sucha babe!!! Who needs fab ab when she can act anyone under the table!!! And again , very sorry but I like AB with his leather jacket and kara re steps!!

2. Dialogues - most of them were quite funny - the TAJ con where the bunch of protestors say hamaari mange poori karo and the MP says but what are your maange? and they go Inquilab Zindabad!!! hehehehe or even the part where AB comes back to get B&B for last con and AB junior is like hame is sharafat ki zindagi se bachao!!!

AND NOW I WILL GO INTO MY LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP MODE WITH YASH-RAJ FILMS:
3. Plot/ story - this is a con-artist caper which is a slightly difficult story to keep innovative for 3 hours. I mean how many wigs and cleave revealing outfits can you put Rani into?? So, this was weak and I would highly recommend that pen and paper and any form of machinery that allows Aditya Chopra to put his thoughts down and made public to unsuspecting movie going public be denied to him. HE SUCKS!!! SERIOUSLY - HAS ANYBODY SEEN VEER-ZAARA - sucha sucky over-rated trite movie where SRK was only only saving grace. But back to this movie - the story feels ripped off and become very ewww towards end with 6-month old baby shooting out of Rani's uterus and then running on maal-gaadi!!! (Rani running, not baby running that would have been like Ripley's believe it or not)

2. Direction/ Cinematography - Shaad Ali has done a really good job I think with all the actors - and you cant blame him can you for just making all the actors do everything everything possible under the sun - Shiamak Davar head toss steps and arms akimbo running backwards movements, Cleavage heaving in loud when-did-kitsch-become-mainstream outfits, Punjabi/ Cow-belt impersonations, Ash proudly revelaving 2.5 spare tires in itsy-bitsy ghaghracholi? I mean, when will anyone ever get the whole bunch of them together again in one production? Oh wait wait I hear Yashji is making yet another patriotic movie and ghost-sponsoring some more awards for his films and actors since there is water shortage and no toiletpapaer either so the only way the Chopra clan can get their asses clean is when licked lovingly and constantly by the film media.

(ED: We interrupt this heated spiel too give quick note on KILL BILL - love it love it, cant wait to see final chapter, ok done!!! Back to Bunty and Bubbly...)

Ya, ok I'm done too - so my lessons from movie is point no 1: faith reposed in Rani and Abhishek proved true!!! and point no 2: Kitsch is like yesterday's news dude!!!! nooooooo - i cannot see one more faux-little-scraps-of-brocade-and-sequins-since i have no money and-i-fashioned-this-from-my-own-little-imagination jhola/ kurti/ skirt/ pyjama/ shirt again. And Rani should refuse to wear it - they deserve to be sued - not for copying, but too many colours!! and point no 3: ash is sooo much better when with dark kohl hot look than ice-maiden.

Also, also since it was four of us for movie, have gotted free ticket for when I want to see Mr. & Mrs Smith to see if there is any chemisrty between Brad Pitt and Jolie because as Joey said if they doing it off camera there wont be any chemistry on-screen!!! heahehahehhahe a( evil laugh)

1 He said She said:

At 10:36 AM, Blogger rushes said...

I love you and will overlook your unnatural fondness for over-rated filmi-type-khichpichar because you're part of dynamic(alcoholic??...were you drunk for the duration of the movie??!) duo. I do however agree on the Abhishek Bacchan being total maal phenomenon..(he is…he sooooooooo is!!!!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home